Sunday, August 28, 2011

Runners are weird

A co-worker once told me that runners are a little weird.  Being one, I didn't quite understand.

The other day I was having a conversation with another runner friend.  We were asking each other how the other person's injuries were doing.  "I'm still nursing it a little bit,"  I had to reply when he asked how I was doing.  I asked him how he was.  "My knee is good, but my nipple hurts when I run,"  he replied. 

How do you reply to something like that? For me it was easy--I simply told him to put a band-aid on it.  While we were on the subject of chaffed body parts, we started talking about Body Glide.  It looks like deodorant, but you can rub it all over to keep from chaffing.  We simply wondered how we ever survived without it.

I wonder, don't most people have salt tablets, power bars, gels, and electrolyte drinks for breakfast?

I really don't understand what that co-worker was talking about.  










No comments:

Post a Comment